Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fine&Raw looks at chocolate trends

As chocolatier of Fine&Raw I'm often asked about chocolate trends. There are 2 very popular trends right now, and I want to share them with you this morning.

TREND # 1 Chocolate as a superfood

I talked about this in an earlier post. It's really popular to layer other superfoods with chocolate, like goji berries, bee pollen and E3live. Once people get interested in eating superfoods, they want more of them.

I do like superfoods and the flavors they add to chocolate, and at Fine&Raw we experiment with them to get you the most nutrition and best taste in every bite. But it's a delicate balance. I'm a purist, so I like to preserve the true taste of chocolate in my confections. So I'll use the superfoods, as long as they allow the authentic flavor of chocolate to shine.

TREND # 2 Salt and Chocolate

Salt is really popular because it brings out the flavor of chocolate. At Fine&Raw, we use himalayan sea salt because it has 84 essential minerals and we need those. Salt is revolutionizing the chocolate world and chocolate eaters of all sorts are really going for this combination.

But like all trends, things will come and go. Enjoy these two while they're hot! We believe in living in the present and enjoying your chocolate right now.

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment